15 September 2009

Farewell

It's been a while. My last post.

To keep everyone in the loop, yes, we have finally put in the sale and purchase transaction. I have a happy buyer of our current home, and I am a happy buyer of our future home just a little bit further up North.

It's been a nail-biting ride, this process of sale and purchase. Ultimately though, I hope come December, we'll be holding to the keys to our new home with huge smiles on our faces, ready only to find ourselves bracing for the renovations.

So yes, in between that, I have been busy preparing our current home to welcome Eid ul-Fitr.

It's bittersweet as I clean out the nursery room, and the creativity room - this is after all going to be the last Eid ul-Fitr we're spending here. Our little home that we first purchased as a unit. The same one, we braved not-using-much-common sense "gah-men" officials over; horrible, bloodsucking contractors; (1) inconsiderate neighbour - or maybe 2 - 3 tops. 

But you know what? As much as I cannot wait to move to a new environment, I love living where we are now - the expanse view of the green fields where the Bangladeshi men would take every opportunity to play cricket, our neighbours' tolerance towards our furballs when we let them out on the corridors. Best of all, in our 3 years living here, I have heard Chinese, Malay, Tamil, English, Bengoli, Tagalog, Burmese and Thai being spoken in the lift landings and in the common corridors of our apartment building. It's a melting pot of cultures - I am sort of sad that Nadine will not be exposed much to that when we move.

Sure the building is more than 20 years old and we're still waiting for the same "gah-men" people to give our apartment building a fresh coat of paint, but inside it, the core of the building, the people - they are the essense of this 'burb.

So lest I forget, goodbye Yishun. I've had a good 21-year affair in this 'burb.

No comments: