11 February 2010

renovation lesson number 2

I'm sure my husband would agree with me on this - as will my stress-tested bookcase - that i have too many design mags. in fact, i only used at most 5 magazines and only 20 pages of tear sheets as inspiration. of course, that 20 pages are culled from a mass of glossy tearsheets debris that was conscientiously examined and plowed through, amongst which, there's one particular gem of an article that i poignantly remember throughout my magpie-ish inspiration-gathering process: ten things i know for sure by michael graves in the now-defunct O at home.

This one, in particular, makes me obsess over lumens...

" Views are overrated; it's light that counts. I have an apartment in Miami's South Beach, and I get tired of looking at the ocean. Even that view gets old after a while. Sunlight streaming into a room—it never gets old. "

1 comment:

Inspira said...

You know...as strange as it sounds, I agree. Somewhat. I have only a handful of times, stood outside and just admired the endless green field in front of our old apartment. But still, a view is an added bonus.