25 January 2007

non sequitur

here i am, at the end of the day, packing up to go home for a home-cooked meal. my mom cooks my dinner. i eat and say how great it is. truthfully. a fly has been buzzing in my swanky office (i say swanky because i realize only recently that having an office to yourself is a luxury - i even have my own thermostat to boot) and i am hoping it will die from overexertion and lack of food. i also learnt a lesson today about myself - when the going gets tough, i tell myself "be good". i want to be so good i can leave and be loved elsewhere. yeah, that's my ego talking. anyhoo, that's how i motivate myself. did i mention my friends think i'm a workaholic? i think they are crazy, between E and myself there's only room for 1 workaholic and it ain't me.

between the buzzing fly (do you know that flies don't bite here, the ones in the midwest do! goodness gracious!) and my buzzing mind, this song plays and plays...and i just want to leave it in this blog...

To hand-crafted beers made in local breweries
To yoga, to yogurt, to rice and beans and cheese
To leather, to dildos, to curry vindaloo
To huevos rancheros and Maya Angelou
Emotion, devotion, to causing a commotion
Creation, vacation
Mucho masturbation

believe me, the d* word sends fuschia to my cheeks, the best i can do is to allude to it in a song...~exp

(La Vie Boheme lyrics, excerpted from the musical Rent)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, I haven't been able to get that tune out of my head since we downloaded it!!!!

did i mention my friends think i'm a workaholic?

It's hard for nonacademics to "get" the bizarro lifestyle of academia. just wait 'til after tenure when they will comment on how little we work!!! 8p