26 July 2006

linger


Whenever I have a huge pile of work sneering at me and taunting me to take it on, my mind starts to drift. I thought about swimming in a lake, taking walks along a beach, looking at the gorgeous summer blossoms: dahlias, zinnias, hydrangeas, and my favorite southern belles - magnolias. I'm having one of those moments now, before I plunge into the abyss, I feel compelled to just daydream a little longer. The easy access to the internet doesn't help my productivity at all. I'm shutting it down in a moment....just not yet...

I know, it's deep into the summer and it's hot and humid here in NY, peonies are so last season, i.e. spring. But I can't help it - when I was living in the Midwest, I swear I saw peonies in bloom this time of the year. Big fluffy peonies, unashamed of its glory, complex and beautiful, mysterious and subtly elegant. Images that have left their marks in my mind:

ali's gorgeous photo
mav's lovely card
emily's epitome of ethereal

if you are looking to create an arrangement with sass, check this out!
alright, break's over -taking the plunge now *splash*

~ exp.

(above image from Family Circle, May 2006. Photo by Kindra Clineff)

No comments: