10 May 2007

(a)Bod(e)

Our home is a mish mash of styles - contemporary meets asian meets kitsch.

I've learned that building a home together is really a unification of two people with two very different styles : M is very modern. He loves the transparency in glass and the sophisticated lines steel exudes. I love the understated hue of grey in a home way before it became the IT interior colour. That and coupled with a splash of colour and that's my style.

Through the renovation process M and I have a decidedly similar streak in interior decorating - we both love textures and flow of lines. The use of steel and glass and grey takes precendence in our living room. A perfect backdrop for the paintings we are housing. The transparency is carried to our dining room with the learned purchase of our dining table - structurally simple to enhance the textural interest of our dining chairs.

To keep the flow of transparency, our tableware from Ikea is perfect! Bargain prices, work well and look good - what could be better? I'm still on a lookout for a teapot and cups and saucers and I think I found these perfect ones from Bodum. ~ Inspira

(Images courtesy of Bodum)

1 comment:

mini said...

i love my bodum teapot. sturdy enough to go in the microwave and dishwasher..yeah I know lazy :)