17 December 2006

here

i'm back in virginia, and it feels weird - it feels weird to have "two lives", that lives continue to buzz in the equator with my absence, and life here will continue to buzz once i leave. i feel that if i don't give a damn, i can drift through life, like one of those feathery pods...would i make my home wherever the wind takes me? do i consciously make decisions or do i simply drift?

i realize that E and I can be extremely charming (i.e. less cranky) people - as long as we have our own space, this puts finding a home high on my to-do list for the next year.

my ornaments have arrived and let me tell you, the feeling of receiving a handmade goodness is fuzzy and warm :) - though, i'm missing 3 ornaments - gee, to my swap partners out there, i hope you've received mine! i'll make up for it if you did not receive any. no, i don't trust USPS at all!

i've chalked up some 'serious neglect' (to borrow PR Laura's vocabulary) on this blog. Inspira, you are such a trooper! Have a fun Christmas and New Year's. E and I have work to do, but we will try to have fun on our anniversary!

No comments: